The Centre for Energy and Environmental Sustainability (CEES) is an organization undertaking dedicated and tailor-made education programs and research and consultancy activities broadly in the areas of Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Food Technology and Environmental Science and Technology. The Centre offers specialized courses and educational extension services, including organization of workshops and training courses in multi-disciplinary domains of biological sciences and engineering.
Vision and Mission
Peruse and nurture education & research on bioenergy and environment for all-inclusive sustainable growth; and development of the society with global academic and industrial partnership and networking. CEES aims to develop bioenergy, environment educational, and industrial platforms employing interdisciplinary skills as well as biotechnology, bioengineering, and environmental biotechnology tools.
The Centre for Energy and Environmental Sustainability (CEES) is an independent organization undertaking dedicated and tailor-made education programs and research and consultancy activities broadly in the areas of:
- Agricultural Biotechnology (Agri waste management and resource recovery)
- Bioeconomy (Biomass-based bioeconomy development)
- Bioenergy (Algal biofuel, Biobutanol, Biohydrogen, Lignocellulosic bioethanol)
- Climate Change (GHG emission and control, CO2 sequestering)
- Environmental Biotechnology & Bioengineering (Industrial waste management – solid/liquid, Bioremediation, Resource recovery, Composting/Vermi-composting)
- Food Biotechnology (Food fermentation, Pre- & probiotics, Nutraceuticals)
- Industrial Biotechnology (Biomass to chemicals and fuels, Production of Industrial enzymes, Organic acids, Amino acids, Biopolymers, etc)
- Intellectual Property Right resourcing and management
- Rural health and urban policy
- Technology incubation, outsourcing and management
The Centre carries out contract research and consultancy through its dedicated team of national and international experts and also organizes education extension services, training programs and workshops.